Happy Friday! Happy Post Valentine’s Day! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the internet 😉 Please keep scrolling down to see our upcoming Sojourns!
3) Did you know that Mt. Kenya, the second highest peak in Africa after Kilimanjaro, is an extinct stratovolcano? It’s thought that the original crater was probably over 19,700ft; higher than Kilimanjaro, 19,308ft. Check out Sojourn Explorers Mt. Kenya.
4) For those who love the two SSs, Sun and Skiing, protect your skin! According to the Karen Clifford Skin Cancer Charity, snow can reflect up to 80% of the sun’s UV rays. This combined with a higher altitude can make the winter sun every bit as damaging on the slopes as it is on the beach! Try protecting your skin with Elta MD UV Facial Broad Spectrum SPF 30+sunscreen. It’s my favorite sunscreen right now. It makes your skin feel soft, too.
5) I am so excited to share news of my friend, internationally renowned physicist and best-selling author, Menas Kaftos, Ph.D. His latest book is with Deepak Chopra, You Are the Universe: Discovering Your Cosmic Self and Why It Matters. The book cover is up in Times Square!! It just officially became a New York Times Best Seller, and is #1 on Amazon in the category of Science and Religion. So cool, both the launch of the book as well as its contents! “You Are the Universe literally means what it says–each of us is a co-creator of reality extending to the vastest reaches of time and space.” Seems to me the ‘gap’ between science and spirituality is tightening more and more. An inspired read, click here.
7) The Millennials have a new definition for Success. It’s called Happiness. Happiness is the new Success, according writer/activist Lisa Curtis. Millennials are no longer measuring success based on the ‘job→marriage→house→family’ ladder. Instead, millennials are using community and well-being as a measurement of success. This has been my definition of success for the last 10+ years as well, check out why.
8) Mindfulness meditation is replacing the detention room for kids. Elementary schools in Baltimore have started doing daily meditation and yoga sessions in hopes of calming and increasing the focus of their students. Watch this Voice of America news segment.
Bali, August 1st – 7th. I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness, using practical tools that will make your days more joyful and meaningful. Primordial Happiness.
Argentina, December 18th – January 6th. Where can you climb one of the seven summits and drink great wine? Mt. Aconcagua (22,841ft.) and Malbec pair nicely in Argentina (well, pre or post climb!) This year we are doing a climb in support of the Green Beret Foundation. The climb is being led by world-class climbing guides, Willie and Damien Benegas. Here is what they have to say: “We could not be more proud to be working with this great organization, looking forward to sharing this upcoming Aconcagua trip with you all.” Details here: Sojourn Explorers Aconcagua.