It is still…Happy New Year! Very pleased that so many of you responded to my last share of 8 good things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the internet. Sometimes that is nice too 😉
3) “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” ~Edmund Hillary, one of the first climbers to summit Mt. Everest, 1953. And for the record, you don’t have to climb the world’s tallest mountain to do this.
5) Another quote that I am loving this week. “Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great”, Orison Swett Marden, founded Success magazine, 1897.
6) After my last email to all of you, my lovely friend and winner of Survivor Australia, Tina Wesson, reminded me of a wonderful book to share. It’s called The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer. Taking a line from the book: If you’re smart, you’ll take the time to step back, examine [the] voice [inside your head] and get to know it better. Michael Singer offers some beautiful insights on this. It’s a #1 New York Times Bestseller. You can find the book, here.
7) Because it’s cold season. Did you know that one of the best ways to prevent illnesses and the spread of infection is by simply washing your hands? After two-years of study, a hand-washing team showed 45% less cases of respiratory illness, compared to the year before they each started the research program. And in case you didn’t know, there is a proper hand-washing procedure (2:08 mins.)
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.