Happy Friday! Happy February! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the Internet 😉
1) “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves”. Quote by Edmund Hillary, New Zealand mountaineer, explorer, and philanthropist. On May 29th, 1953, he became the first to summit Everest, the tallest mountain in the world. We invite you to follow in the footsteps that Edmund once walked to Everest Base Camp in Nepal. His philanthropic spirit will be present when proceeds from your trip go towards a nonprofit of your choice. Details at sojournexplorers.com.
2) A ‘trip’ a day keeps the doctor away. Here are a few reasons why your physical health and well-being depends on a little adventure. Check out the article.
3) Everyone walks a different path, even when you are traveling. Find out what type of explorer you are with this quiz, it’s fun!
4) A wise princess once said, “One shoe can change your life.” Quote by Cinderella. The importance of good foot support while trekking is huge. Suggest trying the Airr Orthotic Shoe Insole. Its ultimate cushioning and shock absorbing technology has supported my feet on many trips. Check out the Airr Orthoic Insole.
5) Vulnerability may be the source of difficult feelings like fear and shame. However, vulnerability is also responsible for joy and happiness. Researcher and storyteller, Brené Brown takes us through this revelation on TEDX. Watch the video.
6) The concept of happiness has been discussed for centuries. Even philosophers have different takes on happiness. Here are thoughts from the world’s greatest thinkers. Read this article.
7) Since we are in the month of love, a quote from Mahatma Gandhi, “Where there is love, there is life”
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness, using practical, easy-to-use tools to make your days more joyful and meaningful. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.