(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This newsletter is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, informational, and just fun to read!
Please make sure to scroll all the way down to see our Upcoming Sojourn Events! New Trips! Photographic Safari and Mindfulness Workshops in Kenya and Botswana, Africa.
1) The Total Solar Eclipse Is Finally Here And The Photos Don’t Disappoint. Love the photos of folks at the White House wearing their eclipse glasses. I was at a planetarium in Los Angeles watching the live feed from NASA, that was super fun!
2) This Man Retired at 50 to Travel the World and See Eclipses. “Eclipse chasing is travel with a purpose.” Former ‘computer wonk’ Bill Kramer found something he really loved doing and made it his life.
3) Did you know Australia claims to have 10,000 beaches? Or, that Niagara Falls ‘hurls’ enough water over Canada’s Horseshoe Falls to fill a million bathtubs in about sixty-seconds? That the Statue of Liberty was a gift from France and was shipped by boat in 350 separate pieces? 13 Things You Didn’t Know About the World’s Greatest Tourist Attractions.
4) Interesting use of bamboo. Sustainable architecture, impressive design by Chiangmai Life Architects. Breezy bamboo sports hall keeps competitors cool in the tropics. “[Bamboo] is tougher to pull apart than steel, resistant to earthquakes, has great flexibility, and grows incredibly quickly. It can also be harvested without killing the plant, which means it regenerates a lot faster than wood.”
6) Cancer’s Newest Miracle Cure. “The strategy is the latest development in immunotherapy, a revolutionary approach to cancer treatment that uses a series of precision strikes to disintegrate cancer from within the body itself.” How? By using a new “gene therapy to train a patient’s immune system to recognize and destroy cancer in the same way it does bacteria and viruses.”
8) Why Doing Scary Things is a Sign You’re On the Right Path. Or, how to turn fear into a virtue. Former professional extreme athlete turned fear specialist Kristen Ulmer has some definite opinions about this very subject. Instead of using fear to cripple you, use it to grow.
“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not but rejoices for those which he has.” ~ Epictetus, Greek Stoic Philosopher
Upcoming Sojourn Events
Announcing our partnership with Great Plains Conservation’s Wild Studio
Photographic Safari and Mindfulness Workshops
Kenya, November 14th – 21st, 2017 | March 3rd – 8th, 2018
Botswana, November 23rd – 30th, 2017 | March 21st – March 28th, 2018
Great Plains Conservation’s Wild Studio was started by award-winning National Geographic filmmakers Beverly and Dereck Joubert. Whether you are a pro or an amateur, you will have the extraordinary experience of photographing lions, leopards, elephants, and buffalo. Best part is that there will always be a veteran wildlife photographer there to give you tips on getting great shots. Leave with an amazing portfolio of your wildlife adventure. Africa has long been my favorite place in the world, and I look forward to sharing it with you. Please join the Wild Studio Team and me on a uniquely curated safari that will tap into your true inner-photographer.
Ongoing Program (Beta), Happiness: The Art of Life Balance I am committed to helping those who sit in the overwhelm, constantly feeling out of time, and always stressed. As a longtime TV producer, I have been there many times over. And have spent the last eleven years studying what to do about it. My promise is to get you out of the crazy and into the happy. To do that, I have put together a 90-day program. It is designed to be an ongoing curriculum that can fit into anyone’s schedule and can be joined online anytime. You will learn to manage your day-to-day world in a way that is sustainable. For a complimentary consultation, please contact me.
Los Angeles, September 9th I am leading a Prayer of the Heart Silent Meditation Walk and Picnic 9:30 am – 12:30 pm at Will Rogers State Park. Hiking level: easy to moderate. Length: 2-mile loop. We will meet in the parking lot, next to the polo field.
1501 Will Rogers State Park Rd (Off Sunset Blvd) Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Camino de Santiago, Spain, September 26th – October 3rd, 2017
This pilgrimage has long been on my travel ‘hit’ list. For years, I have heard inspiring stories about it. We will stay in quaint farm houses, 17th-century stone-made mansions. Eat well, drink well. Pray, meditate, breathe. Of course, walk. Go home happy. *the trip cost includes my Happiness: The Art of Life Balance program.
Greek Islands, May 25th – June 2nd, 2018 | Memorial Day Weekend If you romanticize sailing and hiking the islands in the Aegean, then come along with me. Explore, meditate, do restorative yoga, energizing breathwork, eat great food, dance. Find your inner Zorba. Opa! *the trip cost includes my Happiness: The Art of Life Balance program.