(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, informational, and just fun to read! Please make sure to scroll all the way down to see our Upcoming Sojourn Events! There are some exciting announcements. Two great trips: Sailing and Hiking the Greek Islands and Walking the Camino de Santiago. Also, as my friends know, I have been a longtime purveyor of happiness. This August, I am launching a 90-day program, Happiness and the Art of Life Balance. Please contact me for details.
2) For you international foodies, breakfast time! Bengali Pitha, rice cakes. “Made out of molasses and rice crumbs, this sweet snack can be made fried, steamed, or baked, and is often filled with fruits, nuts, and various sugary fillings.” Try: seventeen of the best traditional Asian breakfasts.
4) From my library. Zorba, the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis. This has been a long-time favorite book of mine. I love the spirit and message of its pages. In the face of life’s challenges, what should you do? By all means, lift your arms into the air and move your feet! “Is it possible to talk by dancing? And yet I swear that’s how the Gods and Devils must talk to one another.”Find Zobra here.
5) Loving your pets … besides lowering stress and anxiety, there are five other great benefits to having a furry or feathered friend around. Interesting bit to know, more than 65 percent of US households own pets. Read more.
6) How Juilliard Teaches Musicians to Handle Stress. “Their techniques can work for people in many fields.” It is all about getting centered. Read more. | Find the book here.
7) Keep doing those push-ups. Why Weight Training Is Ridiculously Good For You. “More research has linked strength training to improved focus and cognitive function, better balance, less anxiety and greater well-being.” It is considered the key to overall good health at any age. Read more.
8) According to Rolling Stone, the top 10 best summer songs of all time are 1) “Dancing in the Street,” Martha & The Vandellas; 2) “Summertime Blues,” Eddie Cochran; 3) “School’s Out,” Alice Cooper; 4) “California Girls,” The Beach Boys; 5) “Rockaway Beach,” The Ramones; 6) “Hot Fun in the Summertime,” Sly & the Family Stone; 7) “Summer in the City,” Lovin’ Spoonful; 8) “Vacation,” The Go-Gos; 9) “Summertime,” DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince; and 10) “Cruel Summer,” Bananarama. Best Summer Songs of All Time.
Upcoming Sojourn Events
Program Launch, Happiness and the Art of Life Balance,
Tuesday, August 15th.
I am helping those who sit in the overwhelm, constantly feeling out of time, and always stressed. I get it. I know it. As a TV producer, I have been there many times over. And have spent the last eleven years studying what to do about it. My promise is to get you out of the crazy and into the happy. To do that, I have put together a 90-day program and excited to share it. Please contact me for a complimentary consultation.
Greek Islands, September 15th – 23rd, 2017.
If you romanticize sailing and hiking the islands in the Aegean, then come along with me. Explore, meditate, do restorative yoga, energizing breathwork, eat great food, dance. Find your inner Zobra. Opa! Learn more.
“Happy is the man, I thought, who, before dying has the good fortune to sail the Aegean Sea.”
~ Nikos Kazantzakis
Camino de Santiago, Spain, September 26th – October 3rd, 2017.
This pilgrimage has long been on my travel ‘hit’ list. For years, I have heard inspiring stories about it. We’ll stay in quaint farm houses, 17th-century stone-made mansions. Eat well, drink well. Pray, meditate, breathe. Of course, walk. Go home happy. Learn more.