(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This newsletter is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, informational, and just fun to read!
Please make sure to scroll all the way down to see our Upcoming Sojourn Events! New Trips! Photographic Safari and Mindfulness Workshops in Kenya and Botswana, Africa.
1) What Solar Eclipses Can Teach Us About Being Human. For one, it reminds you to live in the moment, and that it is the experiences you have and the people you share them with that count. There is now a new acronym for this experience — SPACED.
2) Transformed by Travel: Transformational Travel Takes Off. This is a shout out to my friends and co-founders of the newly formed Transformational Travel Council. It is a group that sees travel as a ‘hero’s’ journey. This view is very much in alignment with the ethos of my company; epic experiences that both transform and rejuvenate you, while giving back in a meaningful way to the various nonprofits that I want to support. Great article. Congratulations! Jake Haupert and Michael Bennett!
3) Change Your Mindset and Achieve Anything. After surviving major burns covering the lower half of his body, Colin O’Brady of Portland went on to set the world’s record for the Explorers Grand Slam, the seven tallest mountains on earth and the two poles. His story is so inspirational; it put a lump in my throat and brought tears to my eyes. What is your rock for your untapped potential?
5) Dallas cops learn to ‘think smarter, not harder’ using meditation, mindfulness. Taking a five-minute ‘brain break’ during the day, several times a day, can make a huge difference — this means no phone, no computer, no meetings.
6) Food for Your Soul – An Interview Satish Kumar. At the end of Kennedy era, Kumar walked 8,000 miles from India to America to deliver a packet of ‘peace tea’ to the then leaders of the world’s four nuclear powers. He had no money, no food, and relied on the kindness of others. Today, his philosophy about food and spirituality plays a major role in creating community and friendship among some very lucky college students. Who knew you could learn so much from baking bread?
7) A Simple Productivity System for Complicated Lives. This system comes down to four words — dream, dump, map, chunk. While the system proves, for me, a little complicated, I think its overall concept is worth considering. I think the author aptly put it, “simple doesn’t always mean easy.”
“Incessant mental noise prevents you from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from Being.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
Upcoming Sojourn Events
Announcing our partnership with Great Plains Conservation’s Wild Studio
Photographic Safari and Mindfulness Workshops
Kenya, November 14th – 21st, 2017 | March 3rd – 8th, 2018
Botswana, November 23rd – 30th, 2017 | March 21st – March 28th, 2018
Great Plains Conservation’s Wild Studio was started by award-winning National Geographic filmmakers Beverly and Dereck Joubert. Whether you are a pro or an amateur, you will have the extraordinary experience of photographing lions, leopards, elephants, and buffalo. Best part is that there will always be a veteran wildlife photographer there to give you tips on getting great shots. Leave with an amazing portfolio of your wildlife adventure. Africa has long been my favorite place in the world, and I look forward to sharing it with you. Please join the Wild Studio Team and me on a uniquely curated safari that will tap into your true inner-photographer.
New Program (Beta Launch), Happiness: The Art of Life Balance Ongoing I am committed to helping those who sit in the overwhelm, constantly feeling out of time, and always stressed. As a longtime TV producer, I have been there many times over. And have spent the last eleven years studying what to do about it. My promise is to get you out of the crazy and into the happy. To do that, I have put together a 90-day program. It is designed to be an ongoing curriculum that can fit into anyone’s schedule and can be joined online anytime. You will learn to manage your day-to-day world in a way that is sustainable. For a complimentary consultation, please contact me.
Los Angeles, September 9th I am leading a Prayer of the Heart Silent Meditation Walk and Picnic 9:30 am – 12:30 pm at Will Rogers State Park. Hiking level: easy to moderate. Length: 2-mile loop. We will meet in the parking lot, next to the polo field.
1501 Will Rogers State Park Rd (Off Sunset Blvd) Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Camino de Santiago, Spain, September 26th – October 3rd, 2017
This pilgrimage has long been on my travel ‘hit’ list. For years, I have heard inspiring stories about it. We will stay in quaint farm houses, 17th-century stone-made mansions. Eat well, drink well. Pray, meditate, breathe. Of course, walk. Go home happy. *the trip cost includes my Happiness: The Art of Life Balance program.
Greek Islands, May 25th – June 2nd, 2018 | Memorial Day Weekend If you romanticize sailing and hiking the islands in the Aegean, then come along with me. Explore, meditate, do restorative yoga, energizing breathwork, eat great food, dance. Find your inner Zorba. Opa! *the trip cost includes my Happiness: The Art of Life Balance program.