(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This newsletter is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, informational, and just fun to read! Make sure to scroll all the way down to see our upcoming expeditions, programs, and nonprofit causes we support!
Traveling this week
1) “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust
2) “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” ~ Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi
3) “All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
4) “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson’s Essays
5) “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote. To travel is to live.” ~ Hans Christian Andersen The Fairy Tale of My Life: An Autobiography
6) “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” ~ Henry Miller
7) “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
8) “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” ~ Pico Iyer
In partnership with Great Plains Conservation’s Wild Studio
Photographic Safari and Mindfulness Workshops
Kenya, March 3rd – 8th, 2018
Botswana, Inquire About 2017 Dates | March 21st – March 28th, 2018
Great Plains Conservation’s Wild Studio was started by award-winning National Geographic filmmakers Beverly and Dereck Joubert. Whether you are a pro or an amateur, you will have the extraordinary experience of photographing lions, leopards, elephants, and buffalo. Best part is that there will always be a veteran wildlife photographer there to give you tips on getting great shots. Leave with an amazing portfolio of your wildlife adventure. Africa has long been my favorite place in the world, and I look forward to sharing it with you. Please join the Wild Studio Team and me on a uniquely curated safari that will tap into your true inner-photographer.
Greek Islands, May 25th – June 2nd, 2018 |Memorial Day Weekend If you romanticize sailing and hiking the islands in the Aegean, then come along with me. Explore, meditate, do restorative yoga, energizing breathwork, eat great food, dance. Find your inner Zorba. Opa!
Happiness: The Art of Life Balance (Beta) I am committed to helping those who sit in the overwhelm, continually feeling out of time, and always stressed. As a longtime TV producer, I have been there many times over and have spent the last eleven years studying what to do about it. My promise is to get you out of the crazy and into the happy. To do that, I have put together a program that can fit into anyone’s schedule and can be joined anytime. For a complimentary consultation, please contact me.
Personalized Teaching Offering sessions in Mind-Body Centering (includes Restorative Yoga), Mindfulness Meditation, Primordial Sound Meditation, and Prayer of the Heart Meditation. Available in-person or on Skype.
Operation Puerto Rico Holiday Gift-Lift | In partnership with Spirit Airlines
Giving a shout out on behalf of my friend, Lara Richardson, and the Operation PR Care-Lift Team. They are raising funds to purchase gifts, toys, books and holiday items for the people of Puerto Rico. Also, will be throwing a children’s holiday party in Aguadilla. Please donate.
Camino de Santiago Fundraiser | UCLA Neurosurgery
Last September, I did a sojourn along the Camino de Santiago. I did the last 100kms of the French Way as a fundraiser in support of UCLA Neurosurgery and the groundbreaking research they are doing.
Whether you can donate $10 or $100, it all counts. All funds are distributed through the Network For Good and the UCLA Foundation.