Happy Friday! If you are in Los Angeles, hope you have managed to stay warm and dry these last few days! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the Internet 😉
1) Ever heard of ‘fernweh’? It is another word for ‘wanderlust’. Actually, it is really looking at homesickness in a different way. ‘Homesickness’ is a yearning to go home, though what about our yearning for a new place? That is what is called ‘fernweh’, n. a crave for travel; being homesick for somewhere you’ve never been. We can help you satisfy this craving, check out our destinations: sojournexplorers.com. Happy to curate an adventure that is uniquely yours.
2) Incredible journey! 93,000 YouTube and Instagram followers. After selling scan technology to Snapchat, newfound millionaire, Garrett Gee, sold his belongings to travel with his family. They call themselves The Bucket List Family. Read about them here.
3) Facts that will make you want to travel. More reasons to support your desire to explore the world. Here is a hint: investing in experiences actually leads to more fulfillment than having material goods. Watch this YouTube.
4) It is still cold season. Guess what? It looks like chocolate can help you. Read this article.
5) There is a science to finding happiness. It has to do with genes, events, and values. Based on almost 11 years of my researching and studying happiness, I would also add the conscious choice to be happy. This New York Times article backs up my thought on this.
6) In our hectic society, here are a few words of wisdom on how silence can heal your brain. Read more.
7) I’ve begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own. ~Chaim Potok, American author and Rabbi, known for The Chosen (1967)
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness, using practical, easy-to-use tools to make your days more joyful and meaningful. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.