(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add email@example.com to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. Please make sure to scroll all the way down to see our upcoming Sojourn events!
1) This is an auspicious week for me. March 21st marked eleven years since I decided how I wanted to walk through this world; as a positive force, sharing my knowledge about happiness with others, and helping where I can. My company, Sojourn, was born from this decision. I am profoundly grateful.
2) What’s happening!! This weekend is the 113th Annual Explorers Club Dinner in New York, being held on Ellis Island. The theme is ‘Cold Places’, which it most definitely is right now in NY… brrrr! The keynote speaker is Sir Ranulph Fiennes, one of my role models. He has climbed the Eiger and Mt. Everest, crossed both poles on foot, and was a member of the SAS. So excited! We also proudly support his fundraising Global Reach Challenge for Marie Curie. Donate here.
3) Nature. Beauty. Gratitude. I love this, watch here.
4) Just as there are 16 tested Myers-Brigg personalities, those same personalities have different traveling preferences and behaviors. Maybe you can figure out where you fit: Travel Personality Types // 16 Personalities
5) 8 Caribbean Natural Wonders You Have to See for Yourself. One is exploring the Alice in Wonderland Reef. Check out the other seven.
Los Angeles, April 1st. . I am leading as half-day retreat: Make Peace, Not War. Negotiating Negative Thoughts, Emotions and Behavior, 10:00 am – 3:30 pm at the Huffington Center. Admission is my gift; donations are your gift. Details/RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Los Angeles, April 4th. I am leading an evening Prayer of the Heart Meditation session, 7:30-9 pm at the Huffington Center. These sessions are held every two weeks, when I am in LA. We start with a topic discussion, followed by a guided meditation. Admission is my gift; donations are your gift. Details: Picture Happiness Facebook Page
Bali, August 1st – 7th. I am doing a Happiness Retreat at the award-winning Floating Leaf. If you want more life balance and less stress, then this retreat is for you. Details: Picture Happiness.
Argentina, December 18th – January 6th.Mt. Aconcagua (22,841 ft.), the second highest mountain in the world. This climb is in support of the Green Beret Foundation, led by world-class climbing guides, Willie and Damien Benegas. “We could not be more proud to be working with this great organization, looking forward to sharing this upcoming Aconcagua trip with you all.” Details: Sojourn Explorers Aconcagua.