(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, informational, and just fun to read! Please make sure to scroll all the way down to see our Upcoming Sojourn Events! There are some exciting announcements. Two new trips: Sailing and Hiking the Greek Islands and Walking the Camino de Santiago. Also, as my friends know, I have been a longtime purveyor of happiness. This August, I am launching a 90-day program, Happiness and the Art of Life Balance. Please contact me for details, very excited to share!
1) Fairy tales do exist…well, places that look as if they are out of a storybook, like the reflective pond in Germany. More idyllic places here.
2) Have you heard of “nature deficit disorder”? It’s what happens when you spend too much time in front of your computer and not enough in the great outdoors. Research suggests there is a direct link between time spent in nature and your level of health, happiness, and creativity. Read more.
3) Today, literally, more than 70,000 people worldwide will make their way out of poverty. Did you know that every 1.1 second someone, somewhere in the world escapes extreme poverty? To better understand this, look at the UN’s World Poverty Clock #makingeveryonecount
4) From my library: New York Times Best Seller, The Motorcycle Diaries, Notes on a Latin American Journey by Ernesto Che Guevara. “There is pathos in these pages — the pathos of Che himself, ever thoughtful, ever willing to sacrifice all, burning with guilt over his own privileges and never letting his sufferings impede him ” ~ The New Yorker. Find it here.
5) “If you want to appreciate the beauty around you, you have to actively look for it—especially in our age of nonstop digital distraction.” A new study in Current Biology shows that beauty requires thought. Read more.
8) “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough” ~ Oprah Winfrey
Upcoming Sojourn Events
Program Launch, Happiness and the Art of Life Balance,
Tuesday, August 15th.
I am helping those sitting in the overwhelm, constantly feeling out of time, and always stressed. I get it. I know it. I have been there. And have spent over ten years studying what to do about it. My promise is to get you out of the crazy and into the happy. To do that, I have put together a 90-day program. Please contact me for a complimentary consultation.
Greek Islands, September 15th – 23rd, 2017.
If you romanticize sailing and hiking the islands in the Aegean, then come along with me. Explore, meditate, do restorative yoga, energizing breathwork, eat great food, dance. Find your inner Zobra. Opa! Learn more.
Camino de Santiago, Spain, September 26th – October 3rd, 2017.
This pilgrimage has long been on my travel ‘hit’ list. For years, I have heard inspiring stories about it. We’ll stay in quaint farm houses, 17th-century stone-made mansions. Eat well, drink well. Pray, meditate, breathe. Of course, walk. Go home happy. Learn more.