Happy Friday! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the internet 😉 Please keep scrolling down to see our upcoming Sojourns!
1) As we say goodbye to winter… did you know Nova Scotia holds the record for the most snow angels ever made simultaneously in multiple locations? For more cool snow facts, check out this lovely mental floss article.
2) Great quote: “Travel is like love, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” ~Pico Iyer, British Travel Writer
3) A simple handshake isn’t so simple. Can you guess what country has this handshake custom? Light handshake; after shaking hands, do not stand or speak too close. What about this one? Firm handshake that lasts long, mixed with strong eye contact, and repeated again when you leave.Find out more.
4) Did you know dehydration can have a negative impact on your mood, energy levels and ability to think clearly? Researchers at the University of Connecticut have found that “even mild dehydration can cause people to feel anxious, tense or tired, affecting their ability to perform cognitive tasks and cope with stress throughout the day.” To prevent dehydration, I love using the Thermos Intak Hydration Bottle. This is my favorite water bottle for hiking, and really any time, because of its compact size and retractable straw.
6) Amazing uses of Epson Salt, not just for sore muscles!Read more.
7) Still in the spirit of the Oscars, according to Time magazine, Ohio State University claims that sad films tend to make people happier. We had a lot of sad films this year, that’s for sure! Read on.
8) 5 Qualities Only Morning People Have, and How You Can Get Them. One is being ‘proactive’! Find out the other four.
Bali, August 1st – 7th. I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness and the art of life balance. Details here: Picture Happiness.
Argentina, December 18th – January 6th. Where can you climb one of the seven summits and drink great wine? Mt. Aconcagua (22,841ft.) and Malbec pair nicely in Argentina (well, pre or post climb!) This year we are doing a climb in support of the Green Beret Foundation. The climb is being led by world-class climbing guides, Willie and Damien Benegas. Here is what they have to say: “We could not be more proud to be working with this great organization, looking forward to sharing this upcoming Aconcagua trip with you all.” Details here: Sojourn Explorers Aconcagua.