(To keep getting 8 Good Things, please add email@example.com to your email contacts.)
Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift containing everything from articles to books to quotes to videos that are meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. Please make sure to scroll all the way down to see our Upcoming Sojourn Events!
1) 20 Underrated European Countries. Heard of Montenegro? It looks idyllic. Read this.
2) “Travel teaches you not to judge a country by its history, the media, and its government but to make up your own mind.” Founder of Lonely Planet Tony Wheeler explains in The Road Less Traveled how people miss out on incredible experiences because of fear. While visiting ‘badlands’ like North Korea, Iraq, and Cuba, he consistently encountered some really kind souls, despite the countries’ stereotypes: Watch this TEDx.
3) I thought this was helpful; the most frequently used outlets around the world.
4) We had a blast last Saturday! Hiked to the old MASH TV set at Malibu Creek State Park. Raised $385 for Stand Up 2 Cancer. Check out our photos.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
~ Mark Twain
5) When life feels overwhelming… 101 Self-Care Suggestions for When It All Feels Like Too Much. I usually start by taking One Breath. Deeply. Slowly. Four counts in. Six counts out . Here’s another 100.
6) Dreams are a lot more important that you think. Did you know Synesius of Cyrene, a Greek bishop living around the year 400, considered dreams as oracles or ‘silent counselors’? Listen to your dreams! They may be telling you something important.
7) Did you know the heart has its own electrical supply and can continue beating when separated from the body? That it beats 100,000 times a day?! Read more: 22 Amazing Facts About Your Heart.
Los Angeles, Tuesday, May 16th. I am leading an evening Prayer of the Heart Meditation session, 7:30-9 pm at the Huffington Center. We start with a topic discussion, followed by a guided meditation.
Details: Picture Happiness Facebook Page.