Happy Friday! Happy Month of Love! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the internet 😉 Please keep scrolling down to see our upcoming Sojourns!
1) Still celebrating the New Year! Happy Year of the Rooster (began January 28th), the year will bring fresh challenges that require quick wit and practical solutions! If the Chinese New Year inspires you, check out Sojourn Explorers trip to the Great Wall of China.
3) Did you know the meaning of Happiness can differ from country to country? In the article, Who Are the Happiest People in the World? The Swiss or Latin Americans, the Swiss view happiness with how people see their lives, while the Latins define happiness with how people live their lives through experiences. Where do you fall? Check out the findings from Gallup.
4) “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” Well said, thank you, Oprah.
5) What makes a fulfilling life? Researcher Robert Waldinger offers some thoughts based on the longest study of happiness which followed 24 male Harvard graduates as well as those from the toughest area of Boston since 1938. Watch this TEDx Talk.
6) Happiness comes with age, surprised? According to Dr. Dilip Jeste, a geriatric psychiatrist quoted in TIME, “Older people are much better able to brush off life’s small stressors and accumulate a valuable thing called wisdom: being emotionally stable and compassionate, knowing yourself and being able to make smart social decisions.” Read more.
7) You are what you eat! What if I told you there are specific foods that can make you happier? Nourishing details here.
8) For all you rockers, and even if you are not, this YouTube video is AWESOME. Ann and Nancy Wilson totally ROCK Led Zeppelin at the Kennedy Center. Turn up the volume and watch this 2012 Tribute to “Stairway to Heaven”.
Bali, August 1st – 7th. I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness, using practical tools that will make your days more joyful and meaningful. Primordial Happiness.
Argentina, December 18th – January 6th. Where can you climb one of the seven summits and drink great wine? Mt. Aconcagua (22,841ft.) and Malbec pair nicely in Argentina (well, pre or post climb!) This year we are doing a climb in support of the Green Beret Foundation. The climb is being led by world-class climbing guides, Willie and Damien Benegas. Here is what they have to say: “We could not be more proud to be working with this great organization, looking forward to sharing this upcoming Aconcagua trip with you all.” Details here: Sojourn Explorers Aconcagua.